Views: 6 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-07-18 Origin: Site
2-ethylhexanol is an organic compound with the molecular formula C8H18O. It is a colorless flammable liquid with a distinctive smell.
2-ethylhexanol is mainly used in the production of plasticizer, defoamer, dispersant, finishing agent and oil filling agent, also used in printing and dyeing, paint, film and other aspects.
The freezing point of 2-ethylhexanol is -75℃, the relative density is 0.8344 (20/20℃), refractive index is 1.4316, flash point is 81.1℃, viscosity (20℃) is 9.8mPa·s, vapor pressure (20℃) is 48Pa. It is miscible with alcohol, ether and chloroform, soluble in about 720 times water. At 20℃, the solubility of 2-ethylhexanol in water is 0.1%. The azeotrope formed by 2-ethylhexanol and water has a boiling point of 99.1%.
· 2-ethylhexanol is mainly used for the production of plasticizer, the main products are: two octyl phthalate (DOP), two octyl glycolate (DOA), triphenyl trioctyl ester (TOTM), as well as phthalate, azelelic acid, sebacic acid and other binary carboxylic acid ester plasticizer and cold resistant auxiliary plasticizer.
· 2-ethylhexanol can be used as a defoamer of white latex, but its ability to break bubbles and inhibit bubbles is poor.
· When 2-ethylhexanol is used to configure the mixed solvent of nitro spray paint, it can prevent the paint film from turning white.
· 2-ethylhexanol is an excellent solvent, can be used for paper sizing, latex and photography.
· 2-ethylhexanol is also used in the production of surfactants, dispersants, lubricants, emulsifiers, antioxidants, dressing agents, mercerizing agents and petroleum additives.
· 2-ethylhexanol is a permitted flavoring and is commonly used in baked goods, frozen dairy products and puddings.
Butyl aldehyde is synthesized from propylene and syngas by carbonyl synthesis. 2-ethyl (-2-) hexenal is obtained by condensation dehydration, and 2-ethyl (-1-) hexanol is obtained by hydrogenation.
Acetaldehyde is condensed into butanol aldehyde, then croton aldehyde is obtained by dehydration, and n-butanal is obtained by hydrogenation. 2-ethyl (-2-) hexenal was obtained by condensation dehydration of two molecules of n-butyral, and 2-ethyl (-1-) hexanol was obtained by hydrogenation.
Ethanol condensation method, rhodium catalyst catalytic heptene method, copper-chromium catalytic coconut oil and other methods.
At Changzhou AoZun Composite Material Co.Ltd, we sell 2-ethyl hexanol. The price of 2-ethyl hexanol usually varies according to the price of the raw material. For the latest price, please contact us, we will provide a quotation suitable for your country/region. We export worldwide so you can contact us at email address firstname.lastname@example.org for a free quote or send a message on WhatsApp for a quick response +86-186-5121-5887.